Friday, March 11, 2011

Charlie Sheen does his best Hunter S Thompson on Chuck Lorre, CBS - and the wide-eyed mob

I haven't been following this spectacle story. It has nothing to do with anything I find important. Until now I was happily unaware and outside this meme. I watch what I want to watch, when I want to watch it, commercial free online. My consumption of media is a tool, a part of a creative process - not a titillation that makes me feel guilty and gleeful at the same time.

Today I heard CBS canceled the show (fired Sheen) - so I thought I'd use the tools of the Internet and find out what the man had to say - un-filtered, un-spun.

On my first and last stop on this glutinous, envious, spiteful train was this video by the man. Here was Charlie Sheen doing his best Hunter S Thompson - and well, in my opinion - and like the scene from Moby Dick he tears in...
"... Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee. Sink all coffins and all hearses to one common pool! and since neither can be mine, let me then tow to pieces, while still chasing thee, though tied to thee, thou damned whale! ..."

Here he is; Charlie Sheen doing, The Great Hunter S Thompson:


Broadcasting Live with Ustream.TV

For my two cents, perfect buddy - fuck em all. Greedy, frightened, poor bastards; swimming with the sharks; they sell out their "friends" at the moment of truth. They're all going to hell Mr Sheen, don't spend another minute on it; clean up and create more bitch'n art - I know you will!


References:

http://www.online-literature.com/melville/mobydick/136/

Video via UStream user: Sheen's-Korner.

Sheen's-Korner
"You're either in Sheen's-Korner or you're with the trolls."

(sorry about the commercial, original source is important here - it's Sheen's fault - sans commercials at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVjglThBnD8).



mh

No comments:

Post a Comment