Friday, August 15, 2014

Times Like These; Orange Crush. 2 important narrative songs about our times

Admittedly - I have a sucky computer and an unstable internet connection - but it seems to me that Youtube is doing everything they can to block my music listening.

I will not pay for content, the ad model is the thing.

This guy has it - he pretends to play along with the sound track from REM's Orange Crush - but really, you aren't that stupid are you? The crappy splices are the first clue.



But what about the fact I can't just listen to the radio on the internet?

I'm serious - what the fuck?

This one - which is the quinquennial video for this song - won't play on Youtube today for me on this system (Windows 2000 on a wifi connection which I found in the gutter) - let's see if it plays on embed... .





mh

2 comments:

  1. OK, after I embedded it the whole thing actually played through - he is playing his own take over top of the track - and it's in the spirit of the song - good work dude.

    But have you a similar experience trying to listen to music on the internet?

    I tried searching audio + song and all I got was bit torrents, police sites and Trojan devices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup - the Times Like These track plays perfectly on embed.
    What's with the Youtube interface right now? Couk\ld it be their fight with vieodownloadhelper?
    I thought Google was all about freed content. I'm beginning to wonder where else I can go. Offline content hording and bit torrents I guess.
    Or we could go with the idea that content can't be protected in the digital era, and go with the add model around each share?

    Duh?

    ReplyDelete